vendredi 30 juin 2017

Police Conduct: Can the Police Do This

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Texas

My 19 year old son was pulled over for speeding according to the officer, yet no speeding ticket was ever cited. My son was smoking a joint with a friend. He admitted to this and gave the officer the evidence which was less than 2 ounces. The officer who had spotted my son outside of a suspected drug house a week earlier, gave him an option of being an informant and to try and buy drugs from this house so they could bust them or give him a Class C misdemeanor if he didn't agree to do this. He did not cite for anything but gave him his business card to call him with the decision. We did not call the officer and later my son had a warrant for his arrest in Denton TX. We have not viewed the DVD of the stop yet, but in the police report, there was no mention of the proposal the officer told my son and the reason for the delay was to test the joint for the presence of marijuana. I feel that this stop was solely to try to get my son to go undercover for the police. And the officer cited to the full extent when my son did not cooperate. We agree that my son did break the law, but do we have a case to dismiss this charge?


Police Conduct: Can the Police Do This

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire