jeudi 29 juin 2017

Homeowners Associations: Property Mgmt Company Trying to Charging Me Twice

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Washington

I received an email a couple of days ago from the property management company which handles my HOA. They are in the midst of an audit and acknowledge receiving my check for Dec 2015 (and, on time). However, they claim that check was not processed at their end -- they provided me with the check number but cannot tell me which bank it was drawn from (they do not take images of the check). They have now burdened me with the task of proving the check was cashed and to verify the HOA dues for that month were deducted from my account. If I cannot prove this, they will charge me again for Dec 2015. In fact, they are charging me until I can prove otherwise.

Because cash flow is what is for me, it could be one of 3 banks this check was drawn from back then (I do not have bank statements from that far back and I do not keep track of what checks clear and what do not, but always sort of have a running total of balances running thru my head or look online periodically too check I have funds to cover a check). Two of banks I had accounts with I have since closed. I called one bank where the account is still open and they say from Sept 2015 - Jan 2016 there are no checks to the property management company. There are checks before and after with this bank...so, unfortunately, it is with one of the accounts since closed. I have not contacted either of these banks -- I am assuming this is going to be a pain and there will be fees involved. Am I obligated to verify this check was cashed? Can the property management company charge me again? I feel that they created this situation (and waited 18 months to bring it up), I fulfilled my end of the contract/obligation and they failed in their fiduciary responsibility to the HOA to manage our checks properly. Any advice would be much appreciated. thank you...


Homeowners Associations: Property Mgmt Company Trying to Charging Me Twice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire