mercredi 28 juin 2017

Interstate Issues: How to Change Venue for a Custody Case After Leaving the State

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New Jersey

I am an abuse victim who ran to another state for protection. Before anyone judges I have plenty evidence of abuse and was able to receive an identity change in my new state (Tennessee) because of it. The Restraining Order has timed out from the new state and a custody hearing resulted in me the mother having to drive my daughter who is 14 over 11 hours away each way back and forth with me paying for it to Del. where the father moved six month s ago, and in which I cannot afford, nor am I dropping my child off to a drunk abuser who could potentially harm her. I am trying to change the venue but the ex went and filed contempt charges on me for not letting him see his daughter who by all means has not seen him in over a year now. The insane judge made a ruling that made no sense and punishes me and my daughter as well. She doesnt even want to see him let alone visit him. my current attorney suggested that we change the venue to our state since NO ONe not me or the father or child lives in Jersey, but when I file the venue change the judge denied it since my ex filed the contempt charges on me. I was wondering if I could just register the custody order here in the state of Tennessee and then the jurisdiction would automatically change or do I still need to wait for the insane judge to give us jurisdiction when no one even lives in that state anymore? I am at a loss of what to do when my case is caught up in a nightmare, and that judge ...he has had numerous complaints from other parents about his dangerous rulings. ::confused:

I just dont see how a court from another state holds any wait when no one has lived in it for almost six months now.


Interstate Issues: How to Change Venue for a Custody Case After Leaving the State

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire