jeudi 24 mai 2018

Speeding Tickets: Speeding 10+, Wrong Venue

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WASHINGTON
On 5/8/2018 at 1152, I was riding on my motorcycle with a group of 4. I was in rear guard (back). We were traveling I5 North coming off the Lacey exit nearing The bridge and Bikers on the other side of the Road gave us the signal that there was a COP ahead. So we maintained our speed and went around the curve after the bridge and spotted him on the Right running LIDAR. Now I looked at my spedo and it said 64MPH, They have a -Error not + of 8%. So the 3 in front of me took off. I maintained my speed because it's a motorcycle cop and my bike is SLOOWWW Vulcan 900, pushing it's make speed at 64 as it is. Especially with my fat butt on it and my gear and windshield, I was redlining that tiny bike just to stay the speed. (my speed is checked with a gps speedo)

Now we passed him and it takes him nearly 1min to get on his bike and come up. He's going pretty slow, my friends have ditched me. Now he comes up on me, turns his lights on, I pull over because I obey the LAW. He comes up, I inform him I have my CPL, get his permission to get my paperwork etc. He tells me I'm doing 94 in a 70. I tell him aint no way. The Speedo says 64 and that was making this bike out. It's stock, I show him my GPS max speed log it says 64. Now I let him know it's my first time on this bike, maybe something is wrong but there is no way I was doing 94. He comes back with a Citation and then says "well then i guess you were going about 70 and i'm gonna knock it down and cite you for 70 in a 60" I protest, aint no way. 500ilb bike, 900cc engine, me 260, windshield and my bags of tools is 240. No way. He says take it up with the judge. Oh I will. Now I get home and look at my citation.

All info seems corrected ( weight is wrong but from scanned) it's a vn900D, he put VN900, don't think that will matter. Citation is RCW 46.61.400. Now I found that he says he stopped me at mp 120, we stopped at MP 115, which is Thurston, barley but Thurston, His Ticket says MP120 and he sent it to Pierce County.

So I waited till the 22nd to submit my Contested form via Certified Mail. I will submit my Discovery 14 days prior to Hearing when I finally get the notice.

Do i have any argument points on this? Can someone give me a better explanation of "Speedy Trial" and how to use it? Will update with Officer Statment, SMD and Witness when I get it.


Speeding Tickets: Speeding 10+, Wrong Venue

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire