vendredi 25 mai 2018

Item for a Grandchild

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Arizona
I have an item that I now want to leave in trust (children's subtrust) to my GC-a young minor.
I have always planned to give it to the elder D and both D's know that, with the understanding that it would then go to younger D, the GC's mother and then to her child. That has been the expectation for many years, the GC is quite young. The child's mother is named as trustee of children's trust.
There has been a rift, or a widening of the rift. There is possibility of divorce and I want my assets to stay in my family line, not D's ex.
What is the best way to be somewhat assured that the item will end up with my GC? The 2 D's do not always get along. I think I would still prefer to pass it to the the elder D first and hope she follows through, but I'm open, asking for your thoughts. Maybe it's better to just give it to the gc's mother to hold for her. That way the child would get it, but that might further widen the rift.


Item for a Grandchild

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire