mercredi 16 mai 2018

Grandparents and Third Parties: What Are Your Visitation Rights as an Aunt

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas

I was called a few months ago by a cps caseworker in Beaumont Tx to see if I would be able to come pickup my niece and nephew. My dad is 78 years old and has been diagnosed with Dementia, his wife was on drugs and they had lost their home due to hurricane Harvey. The kids had been neglected as far as not going to school, no clothes, some abuse etc. The caseworker explained that if I was not able to get them, then they would have to take them and that was not option. She explained to me that the only reason that they would take the kids from is is they are notified that my dads has them, the biological mother has them or my dads wife is around. I have been having the kids since March 5th of this year. Since then my dad's wife went to jail and has since gotten out of jail and is drug-free. My question is, can they just come get the kids from me? Do I have any rights? The only thing that I have in writing is a letter from the cps caseworker that states that I have long-term care of the kids, but when I was trying to get the kids enrolled in school. The school said that they needed court documents and when the school called the cps caseworker she stated I had no rights. The kids are extremely happy here with me and do not wish to go back. My nephew is 15 and niece is 9 if that helps. Please help, I need advice


Grandparents and Third Parties: What Are Your Visitation Rights as an Aunt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire