vendredi 18 mai 2018

Falsely Accused of Shoplifting from Home Depot

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania
I am a contractor/handyman, today i went to home depot to make a return(faucet supply lines from plumbing)and make a purchase(grout) entered store near returns with a receipt that was ripped(still had purchase date items and barcode on it) due to having a 4 inch thick folder of lowes and home depot receipts. Ended up not being correct receipt for said supply lines so i didnt proceed with my return.i asked the lady at returns if i need to put ny items i walked in with in my car or will i be ok to do my shopping with them.she said holding them would be ok.i go get my grout then straight to pay didnt even go near plumbing.after paying for grout. "Asset protection"(HD loss prevention) approaches me asking to see my receipt.i show him receipt for the purchase then he asks about receipt for supply lines i explain theyre mine and i entered with them but had the wrong receipt to return them he then to proceeds to ask to see the receipt and supply lines under the guise of if it was correct or not.after taking my items he informs me securuty said i walked in empty handed and took the supply lines off the shelves to try to return with the ripped receipt which he believes i found and it wasnt mine due to being ripped.so right there accused me of theft which my understanding turned the conversation into detainment.i then asked him to check the cameras and hell see theyre mine which his response is he doesnt need to he saw me take them and unless i have a receipt hes keeping MY items i walked in with at this point im getting obviously upset and frustrated at the accusation and situation and he tells me stop raising my voice and im causing a scence.i then ask him to atleast take my info and call
Me once he realizes hes wrong which he denys to take my info and responds if im wrong the items will be in customer service tommorow.only reason i didnt call the cops my self is i had guys waiting for me on a job site.

I then call the store about an hour later ask for a manager and was transferred to asst.manager.explained what happened he asked for my info and said hed contact me after looking into it 15-20 mins later he calls apolgizing to me and thst Asset protection made a mistake and i can get my items back whenever.

Went in to store after work spoke with same asst.manger who was sincerely sorry.got my items back.LP guy was gone for day.

Told manager i called corporate and theyre policy is let it go if not 100% sure before accusing paying customers of theft and that i dont need to steal $12 dollars of shit and it was embarrassing and degrading to be treated as a criminal by LP
The neighborhood of this home depot has a large homeless population so i do feel profiled due to having work sweatpants on old boots and a work shirt as well as needing a shave and hair cut and due to rain and working outside and myy dog i smelled a little funky at the time.
Sorry for the long story im just extremely enraged and. Wondering if i have any grounds to pursue it further[


Falsely Accused of Shoplifting from Home Depot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire