mercredi 16 mai 2018

Victims Rights: Can I Be Forced to Testify

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Massachusetts

I was the victim of an internet scam that cost me $2500. I live in Nevada and the scammer lives in Massachusetts. I provided all the information that I had to the local Massachusetts police and they are in the process of obtaining a search warrant listing me and my wife as the victims. The search warrant is on the scammer's bank records to prove that he received and cashed my check.

I am concerned that if this goes to trial, we might be compelled to be a witness which will involve considerable expense to me and the wife....travel to Massachusetts, hotel, food, etc.....I have no desire to spend a couple thousand dollars ....If a subpoena is sent to me, what are my options ?


Victims Rights: Can I Be Forced to Testify

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire