mardi 22 mai 2018

Survivors Benefits: Issues Proving Paternity for Survivor Benefits

Hello. I have a 7 y/o son I am trying to receive survivor benefits for. His biological father was never on the birth certificate, never paid any support, etc. He died a year ago and I found out maybe 5 months ago. I have contacted social security and they verified that he has enough work credits for my son to get survivor benefits. The issue is proving paternity. He has no full siblings, his mother is deceased, and he has a living father and half sister (mother's side). The only option for family member dna testing would be his father and he refuses to even consider it. I know there are tissue samples from a liver biopsy prior to his death but the family is refusing to consent to their release for testing. Is there anything I can do?


Survivors Benefits: Issues Proving Paternity for Survivor Benefits

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire