mardi 29 mai 2018

Criminal Records: Domestic Violence Report Filed 18 Years Ago

My question involves criminal records for the state of: California.

A Domestic Violence (maybe a domestic disturbance, I am not even sure) was filed against me some 18 years ago. Nothing came of it, only a report was taken. Wasn't arrested, No charges, No court, NOTHING.

I had not heard a peep about it until 9 years ago when I applied for a job and it came up in my background. I was denied employment because I "did not disclose" the report. I HONESTLY had no idea it would pop up as it had never been an issue prior. It was a job for a large city, so I assume they did a deeper background than my previous employer.

Fast Forward, I am applying to a job and trying to "get in front of" the issue and be as up front as I can regarding the situation.
This new job is also for a city position, and I am hoping by being up front about the issue, that I have more of a chance then I did last time.

I've reached out to the agency where the incident happened and I am trying to get the report info, they aren't sure how much they can get since it was such a long time ago. I have no information other than my name and the name of the person who called the police (we were the only two present). I don't know any officers name, or report numbers, I am not even 100% sure what year this happened (off by a couple years maybe?)

My questions are:
1) What information should I supply the employer? Just the case number?
2) Can this report ever be removed or expunged from my record and if so, how? (I have never even had a traffic ticket in the last 18 years, it was a one-time situation that was not being reported honestly by the person who filed, I didn't touch anyone, but I did kick a door).
3) What happens if they are not able to obtain all the information I need to be up front regarding the issue? I am not trying to hide anything from anyone, I want to be as transparent as I can.


Criminal Records: Domestic Violence Report Filed 18 Years Ago

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire