dimanche 20 mai 2018

Innocent Until Proven Guilty, Really

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Washington State and California
Possible employer lives in CA. I live in WA.

I have never been arrested and never charged with any crime. However, I have been turned down for teaching jobs and I suspect it is because I reported a "crime" to a therapist while doing therapy and she reported it to the police. It had to do with "memories" from over 30 years ago. I have read the scholarly research and legal reports about these types of things. Some say they really happened and some say they are not real. I do not know what to believe. My understanding is that memories are not allowed in a court of law.

That is the only thing I can imagine is barring me from teaching and other employment where they might have access to this sort of information because I assume that this would not show up on a regular background check.

Now I have a well known licensed therapist that wants to hire me to do historical and archival research only. Do I just explain this to her or not mention it at all?

I have unable to find employment so do not have money to fight this in court if that is what it would take to clear it. What would clear it? It is just a police report I guess. Can't anyone file a police report?


Innocent Until Proven Guilty, Really

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire