mardi 29 mai 2018

Rental Agreements: Old Lease Expired, Didn't Sign New Lease

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Texas

My old lease expired in August 2017, I told landlord via text I planned on continuing to live there but did not sign a new lease. The lease states that after August 2017, lease is renewed on a month to month basis. I gave notice in March that I planned to move out in April. I agreed to pay rent for the months of May and June which I did. Had the place professionally cleaned and although there was normal wear and tear, I left it in the same condition in which I moved in. Management company is claiming they had to "extensively clean kitchen" - untrue since I had a maid service come in. "Re-paint entire property" - unnecessary, just normal marks and scruffs, clean the HVAC system - it was filthy when I moved in and I noted it on the move in list. They not only are keeping my security deposit of $1400 (which is fine with me), but are saying I need to pay July and August rent. If I was on month to month, I feel like I have already gone above and beyond in my payments and should not be liable for two more months rent.


Rental Agreements: Old Lease Expired, Didn't Sign New Lease

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire