dimanche 31 décembre 2017

Violation & Enforcement: When Does Presence Near a Protected Person Violate a Protective Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: California

Not sure what it takes to prove violation of an RO - or if this type of violation will be taken seriously.

Got an RO in July against an acquaintance who was infatuated with me. He started getting very clingy and stalkerish. Always turning up at a public place I frequent - pretending it was a coincidence. Repeatedly told him I was uncomfortable. Found out he was married with two kids. Had also lied about some other big things. He comes across as very socially awkward. After I told him in no uncertain terms to back off and cut off contact he would just be there on the street near my house (nowhere near his house or work) at the time he knew I was going to and from work. I'd see him in his car on my way out of work and around my car every time I was at the place mentioned above. It was FAR too coincidental. Then I found a tracker on my car. I also suspect he was in my house. Can't prove it was him but he is the only one who kept showing up. Have tons of emails of email where he admits his behavior was pestering and sneaky. In the end, he stipulated to the order.

I still see him at a particular place. I began noticing that if I'd see him in one area, he is always right on the street as I am leaving (30 - 45 minutes later). The timing to enable him to HAPPEN to be there is not possible without a huge effort on his part. In other words, it is not a coincidence. In a correspondence pre RO when I was telling him to back off, he said "I am afraid if you don't see me, you are going to forget about me". He is deliberately making sure I "see" him.

So technically he is not violating the RO but I find this creepy and unnerving. After 4 months of this I have started tracking when this happens (currently it is happening almost every time I am at this place - 3x a week).

At what point should I report this? To whom (victims advocate with the DA's office)?
How long is reasonable to let this go on?
Should I be doing anything else?


Violation & Enforcement: When Does Presence Near a Protected Person Violate a Protective Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire