vendredi 29 décembre 2017

Sale and Deficiency: Car Was Sold to Me, Vehicle Suffered Massive Failure After Just 2 Months

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Maine

I purchased a vehicle from a used car dealer, taking a loan with my credit union to do so after my previous vehicle literally fell to pieces while in motion (passenger front hub assembly completely sheared off due to a rust issue).

The dealer assured me the vehicle had been repaired, and fully restored from any damages, and had been inspected by their 'neighbor' who runs an autobody shop. Being young and stupid, i relied on a basic vehicle title search, saw it had not been listed as a total loss, and thought it was a good buy (Toyota Sienna, 2008, no rust!).

I have GAP insurance, so if the vehicle winds up totaled out, i wont have the loan hanging over my head.

My concern lies in that this dealer sold a vehicle they knew was faulty.

Besides the massive electrical failure that occurred last night, which rendered the vehicle immobile, made the headlights not work, the dash flip out (idiot lights were having seizures) the rotors are rusted beyond belief, the tie rods are in horrible shape, and according to the tow truck driver, this thing couldn't have accumulated this damage in just 2 months, and these are all inspect-able parts that would have been needed to be replaced.

I need to know if i have a liability claim against this dealer for knowingly selling me and my family (children in the house under 15) a vehicle that could have potentially lost power steering and brakes while going down a highway (thankfully i was in a walmart parking lot when it died, and i was able to coast to a stop)


Sale and Deficiency: Car Was Sold to Me, Vehicle Suffered Massive Failure After Just 2 Months

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire