vendredi 29 décembre 2017

Divorce: At What Point Can I Change Locks

My question involves a marriage in the state of: California

Hi and thanks in advance for any advice or comments. December 1st my wife of 7&1/2 years announced that she no longer wanted to be married. She requested a quick and civil parting. I've been in the house for 32 years and she stated that she wants nothing to do with "your house". Since we agreed on pretty much everything I used a highly recommended paralegal to get the paperwork started. Papers were drawn up, filed and she was served on the 6th. By the 8th we were working on our property declarations, etc. She doesn't even want to spend the money to file a response. We sent the rest of the paperwork off to the paralegal to draw up the agreement and it should be filed next week. So far, so good....

One day after making her announcement, she moved out to her mother's house. She has been out now for nearly a month and has filed a change of address with the post office. She texts me each morning to say either she is coming to get some of her stuff or that she can't make it. She is moving out a trunk-load at a time. It is becoming very difficult as it seems that she often times plans to come and then cancels at the last minute or says I will come after work. I am waiting around to see if she is coming or not. At this rate it is going to take 9 months for her to pick up her belongings. She is supposed to rent a U-Haul and hire a couple of guys to move furniture but when I ask her when she says "I want to move all of the small stuff first".

I guess my question is two-part: Can I change the lock on the front door to make sure she isn't there taking things when I am not there? Can I go out and rent a storage unit for two months, move all of her stuff and give her the key? I am doing my best to be cooperative and peaceful but I think she is intentionally taking advantage of my time.....


Divorce: At What Point Can I Change Locks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire