mercredi 27 décembre 2017

North Carolina Shoplifting -

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Shoplifting in Wake County, NC.

I am a homemaker and 46 years of age woman. No previous criminal record of any kind. Yesterday I went shopping with my husband to Belk, while in the store he bought me a necklace for $15, while he was paying I stole a matching ring for a similar price. LP apprehended me on the way out.

There they questioned me in an office, and I apologized that I had taken the ring. Later the Mall police came and asked if I had a gun in my purse. I said no and he said that he had to look through my purse. Inside they found a another ring and a pair of earnings, which I had bought from a different store and paid for a years ago. LP went out to the store floor and came back with a bunch of empty boxes and said that the ring and earnings belonged to them. They wrote a citation for 2 rings and a pair a earnings for $120 and said that I stole them. They made me sign a form, took my picture and said that I can never visit Belk for 5 years or the mall for 1 year or they will arrest me.

What are my options and how can I not get a criminal record. I heard of a diversion program, can I go and enroll in this. Should I goto to the local DA's office to see what my options are.

Thank You


North Carolina Shoplifting -

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire