samedi 30 décembre 2017

Liens: I Bought a Vehicle with Forged Signature on the Lien

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Michigan

I bought a vehicle for $1500. It values around $5000. This car had a bad engine that I planned to replace. The person I bought it from operated a small towing company from his home. He gave me the title. I noticed the lien box was signed, but had no stamp or letter with it. He gave me a long story on how the bank came out for the car but saw it’s current condition & offered a payoff amount which he paid then, and they signed then which is why there was no stamp or letter. His name did not match the title so it looks like he flipped the title. The next day I bought a new engine for the car & took it to the repair shop to be fixed. To be safe I called the bank to make sure it was clear.... well it’s not. They wouldn’t give me an amount because I’m not the account holder. I didn’t get a bill of sale. I’ve tried contacting the seller. At first he said he has the proof that it’s paid & would get back with me ASAP. Well that was several weeks ago. I’ve called and text. I only got 1 text back & it said it was his son & he’d try to figure it out for me. The shop is hounding me because I’ve stopped all work to the car. At this point, I’m about $2500 into the car. I have Facebook screenshots (which is how I found the car) from our conversations before I bought the car. Trying to figure out what to do next? Contact the police? Do I have a case in small claims? Thanks!


Liens: I Bought a Vehicle with Forged Signature on the Lien

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire