mardi 26 décembre 2017

Serving as Agent: Setting Provisions in a Family Will on the Sale of Property

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: CA

My mother executed that gives each of her kids an equal ownership in the only asset we have - the family house (which is fully paid for).

My question is: is it possible to have my mom add a stipulation that says if we do decide to sell the house, that it cannot happen no less than 1 yr after my mothers death?

The reason this is important to me is because I run my business from my parents house and have quite a bit of tools, supplies, etc there. And although I can move to another location, I cannot do it at the drop of a hat (ie. I will a few months). My only concern is that my siblings would want to sell the house immediately which places a tremendous burden on me and my growing business.

Obviously I don't expect (and cant) make this change myself -my mother will as she is currently in good health.

Any feedback would be great, thanks


Serving as Agent: Setting Provisions in a Family Will on the Sale of Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire