vendredi 29 décembre 2017

Ownership Rights: Neighbor is Deliberately Messing Up Dirt Road to Make It Undriveable. Rights

My question involves personal property located in the State of: South Carolina

I live on a dirt road. There are 4 other homes on this road. The road is privately owned by the landowners which only includes one other family (my parents). The other 3 do not own the land they live on. Our neighbor whom we have to pass to get to our property is the only one on the road with a working tractor so he takes it upon himself to scrape the road whenever it gets bad. At one point he asked for people to chip in $ to help with maintaining his tractor. Myself & my parents agreed and we were paying him $50 per month each month. We did this for 3 months in a row. Then he decided he no longer wanted our money and wanted us to maintain the driveway. Unfortunately we do not have the money to buy a tractor so we have not been able to. He now takes his tractor and purposely messes up the road to make it unusable. My husband is not able to get his vehicle through it at all. And I only can bc I have 4WD. Again, this property is privately owned by the land owners which he is NOT. What rights do I have as far as destruction of private property? Or even harassment? We have ordered a camera and will be setting it up tomorrow to catch him in the act of messing up the road so that we have video proof. A big concern I have is that I have 4 young children. If there was any type of emergency, NO emergency vehicle would be able to get to us. This road is our only access point on/off our land.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!


Ownership Rights: Neighbor is Deliberately Messing Up Dirt Road to Make It Undriveable. Rights

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire