vendredi 29 décembre 2017

Transfer of Title: New Jersey Resident Pennsylvania Dealer Avoiding Transfer of Title

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Pennsylvania

Purchased a used 2014 vehicle on the 22nd of Dec. The dealer and I agreed I'd pay the taxes and they would handle the title and tags in NJ. I paid the full balance of 5300 and on the 28th someone from the dealer called me and said they needed my social security number to transfer the title. They told me NJ required it but, I told them I'm not comfortable giving them my SSN. I asked them to email me that form which I never received. I called the dealer today and completely got the run around, 20 minute hold times, disconnected a few times, said they transferred me but just put me on hold. (I'm in IT, I know when I'm on hold or transferred) Each person I asked for was unavailable and/ or they were busy. All they wanted was for me to leave a message or contact number.

I get it, I didn't leave with the title and that was pretty stupid. Purchase agreement and receipt was all I thought about. At this point, all I want to find out is how do I get the title legally? Can I just show proof of purchase to the PA DMV and request a duplicate? I start a new job on a military base and will need to have all my vehicle paperwork squared away to get a base decal.

Thank you in advance for any information that may be of help.

R/S

Bruce

Also, no liens, not reported stolen, or is it salvaged.


Transfer of Title: New Jersey Resident Pennsylvania Dealer Avoiding Transfer of Title

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire