jeudi 28 décembre 2017

Roommate Broke His Door and Doorframe

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of:
Back around Thanksgiving my roommate threw a temper-tantrum which resulted in him putting a hole in the door and ripping wood out of part of his door frame. Initially I did not think this would really concern me as it is not my bedroom door/door frame, and I assumed he would deal with it accordingly. Just before heading to my parents house for holiday vacation, I asked him if he was going to fix it and he said "no." Since then, I've messaged him with advice on how to fix it anyways and he said he'd just leave the hole in the door and use wood glue to put back the ripped out pieces from the door frame. He also said he is not going to tell our landlord.

We are not under contract with our landlord, just an agreed upon rent and, more or less, a trust based system. Our landlord also lives in another city, and would never know unless someone told her. I explained that none of us want to rat him out, but if he ever moves out a new tenet could notice the damage and tell the landlord.

Has he put us the people who live there at risk for legal trouble and/or eviction? Is there a way to avoid legal repercussion if he still decides not to properly have the door repaired?


Roommate Broke His Door and Doorframe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire