mercredi 27 décembre 2017

Bought Truck from Aaa, Trying to Return Due to Missing Parts and Title Issues

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Washington King County.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not please move to the correct forum.

I bought a used service truck from AAA Washington. I was told it wouldn't start because the batteries were dead. After I took delivery of the truck I find an electronic control module missing off the truck. I contact them and find out they sold it to someone else who gave it back and they apparently stole the part off of it. AAA basically just told me tough shit.

So when I finally got the title for it, it was reportedly lost for awhile, turns out it's in the person's name they originally sold out to. So before I spent money on it I wanted to make sure there were no title transfer issues. Not receiving a bill of sale, as I suspected, I could not transfer title until I could show bills of sale from the name on the title to AAA to me. I let AAA know what I needed and gave them two weeks. I explained exactly what I needed twice and they never provided it so I towed the truck back to their fleet shop and gave the title and keys to someone at the front desk. I told them I would give them two weeks to issue a refund.

I have gotten zero responses from them since and it's been nearly a month. So I'm going to file a small claim against them. I paid $2,500 for the truck. But I have time and money into hauling the truck home and to their shop. I'm also going to have to take time off work to fight this in court.

So my question is can I include costs for my time and fuel to haul the truck and lost wages for time off to go to court in the amount for damages? Or can I only claim the actual purchase price of the truck?


Bought Truck from Aaa, Trying to Return Due to Missing Parts and Title Issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire