dimanche 31 décembre 2017

Hit by a Driver Under the Influence

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Ky

Last year, I was rear ended by a driver who was under the influence of drugs. He was arrested and taken to the local hospital where he refused a blood test and was then sent to jail.

I was at a red light when he hit me, going approximately 50mph. I hit the car in front of me, they hit the car in front of them. It totaled my car.

At the time, I got an instant pain in my stomach and upper back. I went to the ER, they did X-ray and CT scans, but the only thing they found was soft tissue damage to upper back.

I started hurting in my upper back for weeks. I saw my GP who referred me to PT. At this time, I contacted a lawyer at the advice of friends.

I went to PT 1-2 times a week from Jan until Aug (I didn't go one month because of a medical insurance issue). He released me since the pain finally started to subside. It still hurts time to time though. I've had to get regular massages since then too. I also got an MRI per the physical therapists recommendation, which came back normal. I don't understand how things are showing normal when I hurt.

My lawyer has kept me out of the loop on most things. When I call, he doesn't answer. When I do talk to him, he says he's waiting on all of my medical records. I've asked him one time how much compensation I should receive and he said that's unknown right now.

I have about 32k in medical bills (X-ray, CT, doctor visits, PT for 6 months). How much should I roughly ask for?


Hit by a Driver Under the Influence

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire