samedi 30 décembre 2017

Debt Collectors: Got a Letter from a Debt Collector Today Addressed to Someone That Does Not Live Here

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Nebraska

Got a letter from a collection agency today (actually 2 letters) addressed to our daughter-in-law for medical bills related to child birth, 7 months ago. We are estranged from our son and daughter-in-law, strangely enough, due to money issues. Our son currently owes us over $16 K.

My question is how do you think our address got tied with our daughter-in-laws name? We have only lived her a few months and we have had no contact with them since early June. We have received no other bills or collections or anything with their names on it and since they have never even been to our new home I found it strange. You would think the same address the hospital had been using to bill them ( I assume they have been being billed monthly at THEIR address) would be the same address the collection company would be using?

Now, I'm not angry or upset about this, just curious how we got tied together. Have had several debt collectors over the years phone about about bills not related to us, recently one regarding late my father-in-laws estate. I understand the game, they call, get you hyped up so you reach out to the dead beat relative or neighbor and this is suppose to shame them into paying. Probably a good tactic but then why not in this case? Possibly they are using our address for something, maybe credit applications?

I am calling the collection company on Tuesday and look into and see if I can help them with current addresses and phone numbers :) I hope they stick it to my deadbeat son and his wife, maybe learn them a lesson.


Debt Collectors: Got a Letter from a Debt Collector Today Addressed to Someone That Does Not Live Here

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire