vendredi 29 décembre 2017

Establishment: False and Exaggerated Claims on a Temporary Protective Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Washington

I have a six-month lease with a former friend. Around three or so weeks ago, she and I mutually agreed to terminate the lease early. She wanted to issue me a 20 Day Notice to Vacate, but I reminded her that under a lease the tenant is the one who must issue the notice (which was confirmed by an attorney with whom she consulted); even so, I assured her of my intent to leave prior to our lease term. A week later, I receive a temporary protection order, alleging that I physically assaulted her and that she fears for her life. She also is trying to use my mental disorder against me by painting me as mentally unstable and violent (I have PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder due to childhood trauma, as well as OCD). My medical records prove otherwise, so I'm honestly not too worried about this. After speaking with her regarding the my intent to move out prior to the lease end date (as the feeling was mutual), I no longer kept in communication with her. So in short, she is attempting to paint me as a criminal because she can't find a way to break the lease without me issuing it first.
I'm consulting with an attorney regarding this situation but I was wondering, if prior to going to my appointment if anyone has had any experiences with false and exaggerated allegations on a temporary protection order. Will I be able to sue her for defamation or slander, if the court decides not to grant her the protection order? I will be asking this to my attorney as well. I suppose I am not too worried about the outcome; if anything, I am livid with how she is trying to paint me as a criminal.

Any input is appreciated.

P.S. I have every intention of moving out as soon as I can, because of how neurotic this woman is.


Establishment: False and Exaggerated Claims on a Temporary Protective Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire