lundi 27 novembre 2017

Transferring Title: Indemnify and Save Harmless Agreement for Disposal of a Motor Vehicle

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California


I’m trying to figure out what is exactly meant by “i agree to indemnify and save harmless the director of motor vehicles, state of california, and subsequent purchasers of said vehicle, for any loss they may suffer from disposing the above described vehicle“

This is on form 686 and signed by lienholder and their representative

A tow company sold me a vehicle which tthey had done a 15 day lien indicating it was going to a dismantler or iron dealer & which they could not legally sell me or any public and could not be on street
I discovered only when I went to DMV to register and was told i could not legally possess vehicle and needed to go back to tow yard. . I asked for pass dmv said no there was a dmv hold on it

tow-yard after much hassle said a mistake had been made and their lein company would correct it. I agreed.

, i was in touch with them and finally they said it was ready.

I went back and the paperwork would take couple more days, however i then discovered the vehicle was left in the street and was towed over 3 weeks prior, conveniently to a tow yard 2 blocks away.


It makes no sense, especially because for new lien tow #1 to correct the paperwork it had to be in their possession but the day it went through another tow place had it. And tow#2 didn’t catch that it was on hold. Neither did police who had impounded for registration, and previously they had impounded it- thats how first tow got it

Im so frustrated I was sold a car that I couldnt register or even have, then the same place supposedly left it in street where it was towed by another company. They now say I need to pay them 2000 to get it out after registration or they will do a lien sale 31 days after the tow. Its too short notice after putting so much money into vehicle for me to come up with it

So back to my question, i am a subsequent buyer correct? Does this statement then cover my loss for the purchase of vehicle and possibly repairs I had done before discovering the problem? Or that they would have to cover new towing fees. Tow yard 1 offered me a fraction of what i paid them for not to mention i put new tires plus money into it.


Its 60 miles away from me as they were aware

The lien servicing company called me to find out when we were switching paperwork whichis why I thought maybe thats the case

I calledthe police who said its a civil matter and too late For tow hearing


Transferring Title: Indemnify and Save Harmless Agreement for Disposal of a Motor Vehicle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire