lundi 27 novembre 2017

Application & Eligibility: Do You Have to Disclose a Sealed Offense That Does Not Appear on Your FBI Record

My question involves a professional license in the state of: Any

I was arrested and charged with indecent exposure after a very intoxicated public pissing episode when I was 18 and in college. I was fingerprinted upon arrest. Did 1 year of probation on deferred judgement, had case dismissed, and subsequently sealed.

I noticed that some medical licensing boards, which I will be applying for a license with in the near future conduct an FBI background check and ask whether you've been charged with a crime, etc, etc. Prior advice on this forum led me to believe that when I got my FBI background check it would list the arrest with the proper disposition of dismissed and/or sealed.

I got the FBI background check (Identity History Summary) result today and it was completely clear, no record of it whatsoever. CBI (my state's investigation bureau) check also clear. My lawyer at the time said it was a municipal rather than state charge if that makes any difference. So then why would I disclose it when I have an order saying its sealed and I never have to disclose it?

Is this FBI Identity History summary the same one medical licensing boards use or are they privy to more info from the same background check? Wouldn't make sense since this should include everything about my arrest records if they have it on file since it was sent to ME. Perhaps the record never made its way to the FBI?

Also has anyone gone through Fieldprint to get this report as I have? It was on the approved list on FBI webpage and the result literally came back within a few minutes of submitting the fingerprint


Application & Eligibility: Do You Have to Disclose a Sealed Offense That Does Not Appear on Your FBI Record

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire