dimanche 26 novembre 2017

Traffic Accidents: Defending Against a Swoop and Swat Staged Auto Accident

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: NH

I was recently involved in an accident where I believe it was a Swoop & Squat situation. I was driving straight ahead with a safe distance from the car in front of me on a secondary road (3 lanes) going approx. 10mph in a 30mph zone, moderate traffic.
A crappy SUV came out of nowhere driving erratically & cut right in front of me, using NO turn signal and then slammed on her brakes, she wasn't even fully in the lane yet, that's how close she was when she entered my lane.

She had NO insurance (NH), I did (MA).

My insurance co is still investigating,

I believe this was possibility a staged accident. I had no passengers. She has 3 kids in the backseat. I believe she was on the phone, because right after the accident, the phone was in her ear. Side note: She stayed on the phone after the accident even while the police interviewed her (like someone was coaching her).

My car had to be towed and was totaled. I didn't see any damaged to her car, but my insurance reported that her car was totaled as it was an old car. Again, I didn't see any damage. I believe my car went under her car a little, as she had a suv and my car was low in the front.

The police, fire department and an ambulance was at the scene - no injuries. But now she is saying that her and the 3 kids all have back injuries. Really?!!?! They decided after the accident that they all have back injuries!!! I was not injured.

She pulled her car far up from me after the accident and stood outside her vehicle on the phone, I walked up to her and she said - Sorry the car in front of my stopped quickly. I looked her in backseat at the kids and they appeared fine and were playing. She paid no attention to them.

I believe my insurance knows this is fraud - as do I.

How much should I push that this is fraud? My concern is that if my insurance don't pay her, she will come after me personally.

I'm pissed because despite the laws on rear end collision, she totally was driving reckless and didn't use the duty of care and I believe she is just looking to cash in. Meanwhile, I am without a car and I have have to defend myself against someone who clearly didn't use reasonable car.


Traffic Accidents: Defending Against a Swoop and Swat Staged Auto Accident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire