lundi 27 novembre 2017

Divorce: How to Get Your Spouse's Tax Returns From the IRS During a Divorce

My question involves a marriage in the state of: California

Greetings,

I have reason to believe that my soon-to-be ex-wife’s submitted tax returns (to the family court) have been altered. Therefore, to cover all bases, I would like to request those returns from the IRS.
I’m not exactly sure about the mechanics of this procedure though. And my attorney, although she is very experienced, hasn’t handled such requests for a while now, so she is not sure on how to proceed either.

I know we have to fill out and ask the opposing party to sign the IRS Form 4506 (Request for Copy of Tax Return) or Form 4506-T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). But is there a specific sequence for this process?

Do these forms have to be submitted to the opposing party’s attorney, along with the regular subpoena SUBP-10 and SUBP-25 forms?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.


Divorce: How to Get Your Spouse's Tax Returns From the IRS During a Divorce

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire