lundi 27 novembre 2017

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Can You Get a Red Light Camera Ticket if You Don't See a Flash

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
County: Santa Clara County
City: San Jose

I ran a red light and there is a bunch of cameras in that area. When I went through, there was no flash. I was not pulled over by a police officer either.

A further reading online states that Santa Clara County discontinued the use of red light cameras in 2004 due to the costs of the cameras being higher than the revenue it was generating (plus a majority of the cameras were not working/functioning properly).

I drove up and down the road and I did not see any Photo Enforced signs either.

Looking online, people are saying they are traffic monitoring cameras that the county website allows us to actually watch/view, granted the video feed is very blurry.

My question is, will I get a ticket? And if I do, what are my chances of fighting it and winning? On yelp, this individual claims that they were caught by a traffic camera for running red lights, so I should "expect" a ticket.

I understand that I did wrong by going through a red light, but if the county discontinues red light cameras and then if I get a red light camera photo....does that not mean that the county is still using it even though they discontinued it?

Please help and thank you!


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Can You Get a Red Light Camera Ticket if You Don't See a Flash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire