jeudi 30 novembre 2017

Establishment: 18 Year Old Trying to Date My 16 Year Old Niece; Against Her Farther's Wishes

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Louisiana

My brother’s daughter is 16 years old and a Jr student in High School; Seems like the same sentence all of these questions start out with. So my niece has been secretly seeing an 18 year old boy for a few months. My brother found out about it and told her to end the relationship. He found out that she had gotten off the bus to High School, only to get in the 18 year old car and go to his place; this was more than one apparently. My brother took away her phone and computer access when he found out all of this. The 18 year old called my nieces’ cell phone and my brother told him he wasn’t allowed to see his daughter, which the boy replied with something about nothing my brother can do about it. The guy sounded like a real piece of work with speaking as if he owned her and etc. My brother spoke the boy’s dad and got a similar response.

My brother is now not wanting my niece to attend school due to not knowing if this 18 year old is just going to pick her up again. I’m concerned for my niece’s well-being and academic future. I have spoken to the local police but as I predicted, while the legal age of consent in Louisiana is 17, my brother doesn’t really have any proof to use against the 18 year old. The police suggested that the school be contacted. The school said the only thing they can provide is to let my brother know when she doesn’t show up for class each day.

So my question is, can my brother just get a restraining order against the 18 year old without any evidence? The small town they live in doesn't seem to be much help in the situation.


Establishment: 18 Year Old Trying to Date My 16 Year Old Niece; Against Her Farther's Wishes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire