samedi 25 novembre 2017

Roommates: Evicting an Ex-Lover

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Idaho

I have been with my soon to be ex-fiancee for 6 years. We have lived together in a house owned by my parents for the last 3. She pays no rent, is on no lease and has no contract to the home anywhere. She does pay some utilities and I pay the mortgage. What is my process for getting her to move out? I know she will fight as hard as possible to stay (because she believes I will change my mind). So I was planning on dropping the bombshell, offering her $2,000 to help her get setup in an apartment somewhere or to move back to SoCal, where she is from, which I think is more than generous. During the time it takes her to get moved out, I was planning on staying at a hotel so I am not in the super toxic environment that will persist while she is there.

Help, please! I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere, though a property manager that my parents use for one of their other properties in the same area as me did send me the following, can you please corroborate?

Quote:

Hi Michael! You are in an interesting situation aren't you, sounds fun lol! On that note, with no lease in place or ownership of the property frankly she just has to leave when you break up with her. She has no rights to the house on any level. The money she contributes is by her own choice and will and common law marriage went away back in 2002 I believe. On that note, do you have a lease with your family? Or are you on the deed? If not I would get one, here is what could happen: you come home, all your stuff is in the front yard and locks are changed. Basically possession is 9/10th's of the law rule. Whoever is faster/better at getting the upper hand wins.

If you are on the deed then you are fine, you could actually have her arrested for trespassing if that is the case. With that said, she can still do the above, put your stuff on the lawn and the police won't help you, it's considered a domestic issue and that is not their forte. The will only get involved if there is a crime, like trespassing.

Do you have children together? If so that is an entirely different issue in the eyes of the law.
****No, we thankfully have no children****

Thank you.


Roommates: Evicting an Ex-Lover

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire