lundi 27 novembre 2017

Buying Property with Known Encroachments

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Hawaii

Hello, and thank you in advance for your response. I feel like this is a basic question but was unable to find an answer through the searches. I apologize if this type of question has already been answered.

Simply put, I'm purchasing an older home originally built in 1950. The land survey shows many of the terraced retaining walls, drainage pipes, etc encroaching onto the adjacent lot. Since the people I'm buying from are original owners and they haven't had a problem with these encroachments in the last 70 years, what problems might I face?

If I accept the property as-is, can the adjacent land owners demand I remove any items that extend onto their property?

Since the other property owners are elderly, I'm assuming they wouldn't want some legal document (encroachment agreement) thrown in their face asking them to accept the fact that some of my property is on their property.

What are the risks?


Buying Property with Known Encroachments

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire