vendredi 24 novembre 2017

Hit and Run-Third Party Diminished Value Claim

My question involves insurance law for the state of: California

Dear All,

I live in Los Angeles, CA and I got a hit and run on Wednesday 11/22/17. I parked (2016 228I BMW) on a residential street around 7 PM on Tuesday and when I went back to my car on Wednesday morning around 10 AM I had the displeasant surprise to find out that someone hit and left my rear bumper cracked. Unfortunately, the at-fault driver didn't leave a note. I decided to file a police report but soon after I was told that this is most likely going to be reported to Carfax and impact the value of my car. Since I don't have the other driver's policy information I am considering filing a third party diminished value claim against my own insurance company to recover the lost value of my car before the accident. Does anyone of you have been through that process? I guess it is one of this thing that might end up costing me a lot of money and is going to take a while for me to get reimbursed. Should I go talk to an attorney or is it something I can/should do by myself? Also, I have to mention that I'm originally from Europe and I have been in the United States for 3 years so I am not used to this kind of legal process.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone of you guys could share his/her personal experience or any piece of advice on the situation.

Thanks a lot,

Chris


Hit and Run-Third Party Diminished Value Claim

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire