dimanche 26 novembre 2017

Evicted from Motel

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I was recently evicted from my residence which happens to be a motel. I had lived there for 4+ months before I stopped paying rent. My issue is not with actually being evicted, but the way it was gone about.

I had received a 3 day notice back in July, then nothing until September when I received another 3 day notice. After nothing happening with the first notice, I wasn't sure what to expect and in what time frame.

According to the courts the papers were filed on Sept 28th. And they have also stated that I was served Oct. 1st, in person at my place of residence at 2:05 PM. Which would have given me 5 days to file an answer and I would have been aware of having to legally move and the amount of time I had to find other housing. I was not served with this notice and I have proof of this. Had I known I was in the legal process I would have filed and gone to court.

During this time of my "30 days" the Tubs Fire in Sonoma county destroyed a good portion of Santa Rosa and it was chaotic to say the least. I wake up one wed morning to a notice to vacate from the sheriff giving me 5 days to be gone. I could not even get a copy of this paper work from courts without paying 50 cents per page for30 pages and even with doing so it would take 10 days for me to be able to receive those documents. I could only View from Court computer. They left me and my 3 kids no time to find adequate housing.

There are plenty more issues that I have to go along with this case but my main question is this if I was not served at like they say I was what can I do? I have proof in the form of receipts, witness statements , text messages Facebook messages and pictures that are all time stamped and dated.

What can I do now since there was a judgment and I've already left the premises?


Evicted from Motel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire