dimanche 26 novembre 2017

Trademarks: Using Competitors Business Names Ad Google Adwords Keywords for Web Search

This is a question in the state of Hawaii.

I was wondering if it is illegal to use your competitors business name as a Google AdWord keyword search term?

It doesn't appear that the competitor name which I have used is a registered trademark name or anything of that type.

I received a letter in the mail from my competitors attorney claiming I was using their name for gaining business and that I was not in the right for doing so. They are demanding a response.

Do I owe them a response?

They are assuming I'm using their name as a search word. They have no access to my search terms that I'm aware of.

Can they sue me? if so, for what? Do I have anything to be nervous about? Can they obtain a warrant to access my Google AdWords account to verify if their claim is accurate or erroneous?


Trademarks: Using Competitors Business Names Ad Google Adwords Keywords for Web Search

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire