lundi 27 novembre 2017

Defamation: Falsely Accusing Somebody of Having an Affair

My question involves defamation/libel in the state of: Maryland
After finding out my husband was cheating on me, and his girlfriend being fully aware, I went on one of those cheater websites and posted about them. Admittedly, it was stupid. I was just so lost and powerless. Of course it completely backfired when she responded.
In my posting I was incredibly careful to say nothing I didn't have 100% proof of, no lies. There was one sentence of insinuation which I made quite clear was my opinion, not an accusation.
When she publicly responded to it every single statement was false. I have no problem with things being said or written about me if they are true, but none of these were. She is a civilian nurse at a big military hospital, which she says in her response, then goes on to list several mental diagnoses I don't have, abortions and other medical procedures I've never done. I'm fully willing to release my medical records for proof. This wasn't a retort to my post, this came off as a medical professional giving verified personal information, to be taken seriously.
While I admit to starting this I'd still like to know if I have any legal or other recourse? Honestly I'd like to report her post to the hospital and state nursing board. A nurse from that particular hospital has to be held to some type of morals or similar clause don't they? Or medical professionals in general publicly making false diagnoses?


Defamation: Falsely Accusing Somebody of Having an Affair

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire