samedi 25 novembre 2017

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Traffic School vs TBD --->ts

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA (SF)

Pulled over making an illegal left turn going northbound on Powell Street onto westbound California Street.

I was showing my future mother-in-law, who is visiting from out of state, our wedding venue. I hope you can understand how stressful this day was...

I was planning on driving northbound on Powell, but my fiance screamed out to turn left to avoid the traffic into China Town. I did not see the stop sign on the left side of the street until it was too late. The first sign coming up from Powell is to right, but the steep hill was overwelming especially if you are not use to driving on SF hills. I was just trying to get over the hill and avoid rolling back. I know I made a mistake, but do you suggest going through TBD (hoping the judge will get leniancy especially since I hope someone can understand the stress of driving on SF hills with their future mother in law).

The officer said he felt bad about the ticket and suggested I contest the ticket. In fact, at the end of our conversation he said he recommeneded it.

If the judge does not take to my story or the officer responds, I will lose. If so, I would like to request traffic school. However, as I have read, there is always a chance it will get denied for me wasting the court's time.

What are your thoughts about my situation? Should I just skip TBD and request TS? Thank for everyone's valuable advice.

Photos provided for reference.

I was driving in the same direction as the grey-blue SUV. The 2 no left signs are visible, but difficult as you are coming up the hill. I have a photo displaying the steepness.




Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Traffic School vs TBD --->ts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire