mercredi 29 novembre 2017

Collection Lawsuits: What to Do if a Junk Debt Buyer Files a Lawsuit in the Original Creditor's Name

Five years ago, a hospital had an account in my name that I had no knowledge of. They assigned it to a collection agency that I assume is commissioned or something. However, they later sent it to a JDB and washed their hands of it.

Now, the JDB is now suing, but as the attorney for the plaintiff, not as the owners of the debt. I contacted the plaintiff, who could not verify the account number the JDB gave me, but did find an account using other personal information. They confirmed that the JDB had bought the account from the collection agency, and they kept directing me back to the JDB.

These are my main questions:

1. Can the JDB do this legally? If not, how can I prove in court that they're doing this?

2. Don't I still have rights to my own medical records, even if I think they're fraudulent? Why am I forced to go through a law firm?

3. Should I wait to report identity theft until I have more evidence, knowing the evidence might have been erased?

4. Are there any resources you can point me to, or examples of this other than the famous Amex case?


Collection Lawsuits: What to Do if a Junk Debt Buyer Files a Lawsuit in the Original Creditor's Name

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire