dimanche 26 novembre 2017

Rental Agreements: Part of Deposit Refundable After Second Month of Rent is Paid

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California
I know that a "security deposit" can be used for EITHER unpaid rent OR damage but not both. I am offering to rent my place for only 3 months with the 1st month of rent due up front and the equivalent of 2 months rent also due as a "security deposit". I was considering offering a refund of half of the security deposit after and only after the 2nd month rent is paid for. I would have this worded into the agreement. However I'm wondering if by doing this I can no longer use the deposit for damage.

What is the customary security deposit amount in California? I know that the legal maximum is twice the amount of 1 month of rent.


Rental Agreements: Part of Deposit Refundable After Second Month of Rent is Paid

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire