samedi 25 novembre 2017

Privacy: How Do You Maintain Your Rights Once Admitted to a Hospital

My question involves public health law in the State of: Washington/

I don't understand how I can protect my rights from arrogant health professionals such as Dr.s, Nurses, and Administrators. When you are there it appears they all consider you too stupid to know what's good for you.

I was recently in a hospital for knee surgery. When the morning came to leave as the doctor told me prior to admission, I was informed that the Dr appeared to be out of town and I would have to wait until he could be reached. He had not left an alternative and as it turned out was on a weekend ski trip. I told the nurse I had no intention of waiting the weekend for him to return, I would not pay for any additional anything. I also told him that if they attempted to keep me against my will that I would call the police and tell them I was kidnapped.

The general attitude was that I just needed to be quiet and "tow the mark". I'm 70 years old and I really don't think I've never met knows better than I how I feel.

How can a person protect themselves from this degree of arrogance? Is there something I could have done in advance? Would they refuse to treat me if I did? Thanks KP


Privacy: How Do You Maintain Your Rights Once Admitted to a Hospital

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire