samedi 25 novembre 2017

Doctor Made Untrue Statements on My Medical File Punitive Damages

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Oklahoma

I have undergone a surgery based off of a doctor saying I needed it for pain. I am having much more pain and problems because he messed me up. He made the leg an inch longer than the other one.

The doctor never told me that he submitted a statement that was totally false and was added to my file. He said I had a gait when I walked just fine prior to the surgery. I had no idea he put that in the file as I never got any papers concerning his prognosis and conclusions. He also did not refer me to get a second opinion from a doctor to assess if the surgery is Needed and give me other options. Found out it is a doctor's responsibility to do this. Doctor also did not use conservative measures to see if the pain would be better after these methods of treating me. These are physical therapy, steroid shots and pain medications. Then if those were to fail surgery would be a good option. He didn't do any of these things. He never asked for medical records from my other doctor's visits. I would think this would be standard procedure but this is an assumption, I can't say one way or another if this was a have to".
I am most concerned about the "files he had and I did not have or get a chance to look at them. He put on this record that I walked with a gait and that was absolutely untrue. He said I needed surgery because of the pain. He did not ever say he could see changes in the cartilage. I made a mistake by accepting his information to be enough. Most people trust their doctors.

Now after 7 months after the procedure, I am left with this leg longer than before which is NOW causing a limp, that was not there before. I have pain in the hip and creaking, tendon is really painful, can't lift my leg in a sitting position or laying lifting straight up, am left with a scar in the wrong place, numbness and pain in the front of the upper leg, can't bend over or do squats, stairs are painful, and my back is now hurting, among other things. Stress is causing my hair to fall out, I am now filing for bankruptcy and going to lose my home due to not being able to work because my leg hurts so much more now than before. I will have to go through another surgery. And am having extreme anxiety and depression. I think this all due to the doctor falsifying records and sugesting surgery. Is this a civil rights matter? And can I get compensation and for this? And I am also wondering if punitive damages could be a possiblity.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully responding. I know it's long, sorry.


Doctor Made Untrue Statements on My Medical File Punitive Damages

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire