lundi 28 août 2017

Sales Agreements: Can a Dealership Sell a Damaged Car as a Certified Vehicle

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Illinois (Purchase made in Illinois, Buyer Registered vehicle in Indiana)

I purchased a vehicle in April of 2017 that was advertised as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.

When test driving the car I noticed slight vibrations which I was told are just flat spots on the tires from sitting and that they would work themselves out, otherwise it will be fixed because the car is certified. I returned to the dealership the next business day to have them review the vibration. I was informed that the vehicle had 2 bent wheels and blown shock absorbers.

They fixed this issue temporarily until I could return to my home state dealership as I needed to return for school. When I took the vehicle to my home dealership I was informed that there was condensation in the headlights due to the front bumper being pushed into the headlights. They noted that the car appeared to have been in a collision and that this is what likely caused the shitfing of the bumper. The home dealership refused to fix the headlights under warranty and I had to have the selling dealership pick up the car and fix it as well as some unfinished work with the suspension.

I visited another dealership with the vehicle to have it checked out. They informed me that the vehicle had previously had body work done and that the two same wheels were bent. They noted that the alignment and balancing done previously was done wrong and caused major wear on the tires.

The car was sold to me with issues under the promise that it was a certified car of higher quality. The issues have been noted by other dealerships and refused by the selling dealership. The selling dealership confirmed that a vehicle with suspension problems and bent wheels would still be considered certified and would pass the checklist.


Sales Agreements: Can a Dealership Sell a Damaged Car as a Certified Vehicle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire