mercredi 30 août 2017

Pleadings: What Happens if You Miss a Filing Deadline Because You Can't Find a Lawyer

My question involves the 61st district court procedures for the state of Michigan.

I was recently laid off with 100 other coworkers with 0 notice through a voicemail. In response to the former owner's insistence that we sign resignations to collect severance. I advised everyone not to sign a resignation and potentially waive their rights.

The Friday following another recording is released to the same hundred or so people in which the Owner accuses "some people" of practicing law with out a license so poorly that they should be sued and criminally prosecuted. "HE," thinks he knows so much about this and that...(yes I noticed the change too)

Shortly thereafter opposing counsel sends out another email essentially in an attempt to defame my character.

In short, I have been gathering evidence since at least February for an EEOC, UIA, and DOL complain regarding several seriously disturbing practices at the company, I had been in contact with the EEOC in mid June shortly before the companies "closed" the company was aware of this and I feel that the lawsuit I am currently under. Is merely an attempt to silence and or thrawrt those potential investigations.

I am actually being used for conversion of company property and interference with a business relationship and threatened with criminal prosecution as well under MCL 750.411s

http://ift.tt/19PcGkT(S(w2q...0AND%20contact

I have attempted to go to legal aid which will not assist me, they advised me of Lawyer referral service which requires 25.00 which I do not have since my employer is illegally withholding my last paycheck and yes I have already filed a complaint with wage and hour. I went to the legal assistance center located at the courthouse for assistance and was advised to secure counsel.

I attempted to secure counsel and due to lack of funds was unable to do so. Yesterday I was permitted access to a private law library by a very kind securing guard under the watch of an angel of a librarian. It is there where I learned about affirmative defenses and my utter lack of ability to coherently form one due to my inexperience and not being a lawyer.

After many hours, I was interrupted so I could go to the police department to inquire regarding the status of "alleged" criminal complaints that had been filed as expressed to me by opposing counsel.

Today I attempted to the best of my ability finish my complaint, however, I misunderstood the clerk as saying 4:50, and not what she actually said 4:15 which was when the office closed today.

I fear I now have a default judgment against me and have no resources for legal counsel nor any means or method to pay the judgment. I merely want to request more time so I can accurately articulate my defense so I can have my day in court.

ANY thoughts or resources I might not have attempted would be greatly appreciated.


Pleadings: What Happens if You Miss a Filing Deadline Because You Can't Find a Lawyer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire