mercredi 30 août 2017

Repossession: Car Repossessed Over Lack of Insurance, but it Was Insured

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New Jersey.

I financed a car in february. My car was repoed on thursday because my insurance was cancelled. I had no idea that the repossedsion was taking place because i was at work come out after my shift to no car. I never missed a payment nor been late on my loan. I immediately contacted the deler they said I had to wait till the next day to speak with someone specific because they had no information on my car being repoed.


The next day I speak with the propper person advised that I already had proof of insurance she stated That that 95% of the time the bank doesn't return repoed cars so if i wanted i can cancel my policy. Contacted the bank they said they don't have possession of my car that i would have to speak with the dealer. Contacted the owner he states that he had no problem on releasing my car if i provide proof of insurance but however he is not happy about the miles that i put on my car so far (less then 10 thousand) so he doesn't want to give me possession back.

No where in my contract says that anything about miles nor miles limit. What can I do? Is this legal? Also read their reviews and I'm not the first person they have done this too.


Repossession: Car Repossessed Over Lack of Insurance, but it Was Insured

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire