samedi 26 août 2017

Resignation: Extorted by Ex-Employee

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Kansas

A Sales manager we had quit with no notice on August 2nd. He was paid on August 1st for the pay period ending the week before. He gave notice on the 2nd and then was dismissed from coming in again on the 4th when it was clear he had no intention of working.

I don't dispute that I owe him payment for the week prior, however he did no work in the following week. He didn't even stay to do work.

About 12 days ago I started getting 16 text messages at a time making wild claims about how the business is run, including statements that we are in breach of contract (we're not) with our customers and that we don't pay payroll taxes (they have been), all from him. He went on to insult all of my staff and threaten to file a complaint with the state for wage theft because he had not yet received his paycheck. He made mention of "if you customers knew how you manage them they'd run for the hills". He is wrong - our customers are very happy and very well cared for. The way he said it, at the same time he was posting to our Twitter, strikes me as a threat that he's going to contact my clients with the wild accusations he's made.

At first I didn't receive the texts because I was very busy. He posted on the company twitter account for us to reply to his texts and emails.

I sent this guy a paycheck for 12 days because frankly I want him gone. It was due to arrive on the 25th from our bank's bill payment system. On the 25th I begin to get another series of texts, once again threatening to contact the state for wage theft and going on about how he's sure we haven't paid taxes. I did not reply to him. Today I got another series of text messages saying it's still not in today's mail and he's sick of waiting. I sent him a picture of the confirmation of the payment where he told me that the address was miskeyed - it was sent to 1114 instead of 11114. I've had it with this guy. To me it seems like this is extortion because he's threatening me constantly. I'm about to just let it go to court, but I'm interested to hear any thoughts on the matter.


Resignation: Extorted by Ex-Employee

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire