dimanche 27 août 2017

Interstate Issues: Noncustodial Parent Trying to Move Out of State Before Final Divorce Decree

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Indiana

My husband and I have a two-year-old daughter, and our final divorce hearing has been scheduled for the 28th. I am the only one with a lawyer, and we have been working to make financial and custodial agreements mostly on our own. Currently we have tentatively agreed to follow Indiana's parenting time guidelines, but he is not taking his weekday time at all (he does not seem interested) and has not scheduled any extended parenting time.

It has come to my attention that he is applying for jobs in Phoenix, AZ, where the woman he's leaving me for lives. He expects that he will maintain joint legal and physical custody despite the move, but I really don't think that's in my daughter's best interest; she is too little to understand extended time without her daddy and far too little to travel that far unaccompanied. I can't believe five-year-olds are allowed to; that seems like it would be terrifying for a child that age. I do not have the financial wherewithal to finance any part of cross-country travel arrangements; I was a stay at home mom and will have a very difficult time indeed if I don't find a job soon (which is a separate issue).

What chance would I have of getting sole legal and physical custody of my daughter, or of preventing his out of state move? My husband was emotionally abusive, but not to her, and doesn't have drug or alcohol problems. However, he has a good job here and no real reason why Arizona is the only place he could be.


Interstate Issues: Noncustodial Parent Trying to Move Out of State Before Final Divorce Decree

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire