mardi 29 août 2017

Assault & Battery: My Landlord's Husband Got Charged with Battery

My question involves criminal law for the state of: IL

My background:
No criminal record
Student
Works 8-5 mon-fri
26 years old 230 pounds (pudgy, but athletic and strong)

Others involved:
Landlord's husband (70 years old+, retired, drinks all day, 170 pounds or so)
Roommate 1 (40ish? 240 pounds, OTR trucker, hangs out with landlord's husband and brother all other times, brother to roommate 2)
Roommate 2 (40ish? 180 pounds, does not work, brother to roommate 1, hangs out only with his brother and/or landlord's husband)

My landlord's husband and roommate 1 assaulted me. The only people present were roommate 1, roommate 2, the landlord's husband, and me. I called the police and explained my side, and roommates 1, roommates 2, and my landlord's husband explained their version of the event. The only injuries were my bloody nose. No one else was hurt or injured or sought medical treatment. The police charged the husband's landlord with battery and arrested him. Roommate 1, roommate 2, and the landlord are best friends so roommate 1 and 2 are willing to lie to the benefit of the landlord's husband when it comes to trail or whatever. The arresting officers witnessed that my landlord was taunting in-front of them, he even hit me on the side of the head with an open palm.

The problem:
I don't have any witnesses.
My landlord's husband has a friend that works for that specific police department so that friend might have asked the arresting officers to make the police report more neutral.
I'm currently under DACA.

Should I drop my complaint? Is it possible for me to end up with a record, even though they don't have any evidence of harm or injury? How should I proceed from here?


Assault & Battery: My Landlord's Husband Got Charged with Battery

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire