mardi 29 août 2017

DWI Charges in Two States at Once

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Missouri/Virginia

I recieved a DWI in the state of Missouri and did everything i needed to do to get my license back. ( court costs, improvement class, carried special insurance, reinstatement fee) but as i went to get my license back i was told there was a hold on my license in the state of va. I did live in va and had a valid driverse license there. I had a suspension in the state of va and surrendered my license over to obtain my missouri DL which is my state of residence. I called the va dmv about the hold on my license. They informed me that my va license was still valid and i recieved a dwi therefor i have to go through their version of an improvement class, carry their special insurance, and pay their reinstatement fee. I recieved my dwi in the state of missouri with my valid missouri drivers license. I no longer had a va DL. I have already completed everything i need in the state of Missouri. I didnt think my va license was still valid. It has a stamp saying void on it so i thought it was invalid. I dont have time to go to va and take another 50 hour class or pay another fine. I dont understand why i should have to do everything again for the state of va.


DWI Charges in Two States at Once

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire