mercredi 30 août 2017

Divorce: Recourse for Damaged Property

My question involves a marriage in the state of: FL

On Oct 11, 2016, I signed my portion of our settlement agreement. On Oct 22, 2016, my now ex husband defaced the vehicle that I was to be awarded in the divorce. I was told that since I'd already signed the paperwork, there was nothing I could do about the damaged vehicle. Off record, he agreed to compensate me for the KBB value of the truck at the time it was damaged. However, I lost my job and he held off on giving me the money since he wanted it to go towards a new vehicle and not household expenses. Since that time, he had decided to not give me the money at all saying it went to attorney fees (he retained counsel bc of the possible criminal charges, I was pro se due to being unemployed) despite we each being responsible for our own per the settlement.

What are my options if any?

The vehicle was registered solely in his name at the time he damaged it so he was never charged with vandalism and the AG's office opted out of pressing charges for stalking and trespassing.

Can I take him to small claims court or file a modification to our divorce settlement or am I stuck with a truck that has vulgarities carved into it on all sides?


Divorce: Recourse for Damaged Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire